[Dirvish] Filesystems for big partitions

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 7 09:39:13 UTC 2015

FWIW, I have both XFS and ZFS filesystems with a lot of files in them,
though much smaller than your systems, Chris. They both seem to work
reliably. When we first started using ZFS, I had horrible performance
problems and was about to switch everything over to XFS, but the admins
added some SSD drives to the ZFS filesystem and performance is now OK
(there have also been some updates to ZFS itself).

HTH, Dave