[Dirvish] steps forward for Dirvish?

Isaac W Traxler traxler at lsu.edu
Mon Mar 31 18:57:20 UTC 2014

Dirvish is a stable working product. Most questions that hit the list turn
out to be related to learning how to use it.

I curently use it as a backup soluton and I am quite happy with it. I have
extended it:

- yaml configuration
- script to process yaml and generate dirvish config files, create file
systems
- xymon plugin to provide alerts for failed backups
- regeneration of mlocate db for each bank
- working on reasonable hardlink solution (to deduplication)

You can see a small presentation I did and links to the extensions at:
http://isaac.lsu.edu/lbbl/backup/

As always, this software has no warranty or claim of usefulness -- borrow
at your own risk.

--
Isaac Traxler                             AIX,Linux Admin
Louisiana State University, LONI          traxler at lsu.edu
High Performance Computing                225-578-1923
Storage & Infrastructure