[Dirvish] Files being copied instead of linked

J.P. Hendrix jph4dotcom at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 24 07:03:04 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-21 14:00, dirvish-request at dirvish.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 13:37:46 +0200
> From: "Brian-Imap"<Brian_Dorling at t-online.de>
> Subject: [Dirvish] Files being copied instead of linked
> To:dirvish at dirvish.org
>
> Hi,
> my 2TB drive filled up very quickly, seems Dirvish was to "blame"........
> A new vault is having all files copied instead of linked. I run many
> backups, the server is Debian, most of
> the clients are Linux but a new one is WIn7 64Bit, using the CwRsync
> server on that. So here is the stat of a file that has been copied:

Did you remember to edit the fstab file on Windows?

Check my website where it is briefly discussed:

http://wirespeed.xs4all.nl/mediawiki/index.php/Dirvish_windows_client#On_the_Windows_computer

In summary: Check the mount options and change setting for ACL's

cp /etc/fstab /etc/fstab.install
echo "none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user,noacl 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
"ssh logout"
"ssh login"

Hope this helps,

JP