[Dirvish] Cannot get Dirvish to cross filesystems

Mike Johnson yuyuyak at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 21:50:08 UTC 2013

Mark D. Montgomery II <techiem2 at ...> writes:

> Hah!
> Figured it out.
> I have sshd configured for root access for forced commands only and in
> my authorized_keys2 file for the command option to start rsyncd I had
> x in the options (so even with xdev: 0 defined in my dirvish
> configs...the vps was forcing the x option on).
> The command line also forces it to /, which explains why my try at a
> second vault just for the other filesystem failed and it kept dumping
> / instead.  :P
>
> Mark II

Mark, you are 1 smart feller.  I've been trying to figure this out for ages.
It's a maze, 1st you gotta find out that xdev: false does not work, only 0
can work.  And then it doesn't.  Nothing confusing about the fact that sample
files commonly have xdev: true.
I was doing the same with forced-commands-only.  I'm not sure what all that
HotDog stuff is, but I took out the "x" and voila!  Thank you!

Mike