[Dirvish] Configuring New Backup Drive

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 22 12:55:13 UTC 2012

   I am thanking all of you who helped me properly configure the new external
backup hard drive. The key to resolving all the issues I encountered is to
use only the host name of the system to which the external drive is attached
as the client name in the vaults' default.conf.

   Because ssh is not involved in this setup the HOWTO instructions for
defining the client lead me in the wrong direction.

   Everything is once again working as it should, and since the daily high
temperature has dropped significantly since last week's 3-day heat wave the
external drive does not overheat.

Thanks again,

Rich