[Dirvish] New Backup Drive Setup Still Needs Attention

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 20 20:36:07 UTC 2012

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Those errors actually suggest that Dirvish is failing to log into salmo
> via SSH (for rsync over SSH).  If this is actually localhost, then you
> will want to avoid that entirely; if a remote host, then the
> authorized_keys, ~.ssh permissions and possibly forced_commands should be
> checked.

Michael,

   salmo is localhost; the backup drive is on a USB2 cable attached to it.
And root is not allowed to connect to salmo via ssh.

   I don't remember how I specified the server to be backed up in each
vault's default.conf on the failed drive. Should I change that from the
non-world-addressable 192.168.55.1 to localhost?

Thanks,

Rich