[Dirvish] Init fails on one partition, the largest

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 16:45:38 UTC 2012

If there is any doubt about the drives, I recommend some serious testing:

- SMART disk firmware checks:
  - display current firmware error state using smartctl -a /dev/sdc
and skdump /dev/sdc
  - pay particular attention to Relocated Sectors and Current Pending count
  - run tests smartctl -t long /dev/sdc (the length depends on drive,
but will probably be an hour or so)

- badblocks -sv /dev/sdc

of course change /dev/sdc to wherever your disk shows up as. The nice
thing is that recent SMART utilities can talk to disks across most
USB-SATA interfaces