[Dirvish] Init fails on one partition, the largest

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Aug 17 23:50:38 UTC 2012

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012, Dale Amon wrote:

> I have seen overheated drives appear to be throwing errors all over the
> place, but after cooled down show no errors at all.

Dale,

   It's quite hot here today and the external drive enclosure has no fan. It
felt quite hot yesterday, but not as hot today. You're probably right on
with your explanation.

   Since the drive is normally on only overnight (I turn it on when I log out
of the system), and it's cooler then, I expect to not see these errors
repeated.

Many thanks,

Rich