[Dirvish] Explanation Needed of Error Message -- Update

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Aug 17 13:02:51 UTC 2012

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012, Paul Slootman wrote:

> So how big is the system you're backing up?  If that 136G is too much,
> then something's not configured right. If it's not yet enough, then you
> didn't let it run long enough.

Paul,

   True. The two questions for which I did not find answers in the HOWTO or
in your previous message are:

   1.) Do I run the init from the backup drive (/media/hd0 in my case) or
from the host being backed up (192.168.55.1)?

   1.) The HOWTO example shows the host name in the init example (but notes
that the local IP address can work equally well). That is the bank, not an
individual vault within it.

> You're telling dirvish you have a vault called 192.168.55.1. Do you?
> Probably not. Hence it can't find the default.conf that should belong to
> that vault called 192.168.55.1.

   Am I correct in assuming from the above that I cd to each vault on the
backup system and run --init for that specific partition? That makes sense
to me while running it from the backup drive's root directory doesn't.

Thanks again,

Rich