[Dirvish] Opps... out of iNodes...

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Tue Aug 14 01:06:30 UTC 2012

After 2 years of loving dirvish I hit the 24m nodes on the disk I was
using, which I think is ext3 formated.

Moving forward this is not idea.

What is the best format for disks so as not to hit this issue?

My current config is just a boring spare old box, but moving forward I'm
going to be using a spare VPS[1] on another box to do back ups.

Server is set up with XEN with dom0 living on a raid1 disk set the LVM
pat's for each VM.  VM's are then using ext3 formating on the VM (I think).

What are peoples thoughts?

[1] ps - ya the vps is on a different physical machine to the data I'm
backing up, not quite that silly.... ;)

--
Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave