[Dirvish] Dirvish/rsync thinking partition is 'new'

hanj mailing at astarna.com
Sun Mar 6 15:19:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 09:47:40 +0000
Jenny Hopkins <hopkins.jenny at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hanj - you've said this is out of the blue, but have there been
> absolutely no changes to your system at all? - upgrade, change to an
> nfs mount, any system changes like that?

Out of the blue. Backups on this box has been running for years without
a problem. Looking into it, I even see more files beyond the /home
partition drive. Looks like all of /etc is moving over as well.

I also do a offsite backup - just rsync changes if different to remote
server. This rsync process is NOT seeing the same files as 'new'. It's
really quite weird why dirvish/rsync is thinking this. That is why I'm
wondering if it's related to the first image. It sorta seems dirvish
specific.

No new mounts. No drive errors. Client box hasn't been rebooted, etc.

I created a entirely new vault, and backups are working fine with that
new backup vault.

hanji