[Dirvish] The FuhHoe post-server script

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Mon Jun 13 16:19:31 UTC 2011

On Sat 11 Jun 2011, shouldbe q931 wrote:

> I might have this completely about face, but could the "error" be
> happening because the main dirvish perl script is trying to "SET" a
> variable with a space in it before running the "post-server" script ?

Actually, it looke like you may be sort of right.

The dirvish script does:

    $rcmd = sprintf ("%s 'cd %s; %s %s' >>%s",
	    ("$A{shell}" || "/bin/sh -c"),
	    $A{dir}, $A{env},
	    $cmd,
	    $A{log}
    );

and then executes the string in $rcmd as a shell command.
The %s strings probably need to be escaped.
I'll have a look to see what needs fixing tomorrow (if no one beats me
to it :-)

Paul