[Dirvish] The FuhHoe post-server script

shouldbe q931 shouldbeq931 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 08:57:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:41 PM, shouldbe q931 <shouldbeq931 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Paul Slootman <paul at debian.org> wrote:
>> On Thu 09 Jun 2011, shouldbe q931 wrote:
>>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Paul Slootman <paul at debian.org> wrote:
>>>  The script probably needs fixing...
>>>

>>> I'm in complete agreement :-)
>>>
>>> however not knowing Perl, I'm a little lost on where to start :-(
>>
>> Wow...
>>
>> : The cron job errored with "/bin/sh: RAID/Share: No such file or
>>
>> If you can't tell the difference between a perl script and a shell
>> script, you're right at not trying to fix it :-)
>>
>> I'd suggest doing what Dave mentioned: run it with -x flag. You can do
>> that by adding as the very first line:
>>
>> #!/bin/bash -x
>>
>> as I see that the example script doesn't have such a line.
>> Bash may also give a better error message.
>>
>> Show us the resulting output.
>>

>> Paul
>
> Thanks!
>
> I'll check the output from the cron job in the morning.

00:15:01 dirvish --vault vault1
/bin/sh: RAID/Share: No such file or directory
vault1:default post-server failed (127)
02:00:50 dirvish --vault vault2

followed by the output that I would expect from the script running
correctly for vault2 etc.

Much as I would like to bypass the problem by changing the directory
name on the server, this will also entail rather a lot of work
recreating the shares and permissions on the server, which as its an
Apple server unfortunately isn't just editing smb.conf :(