[Dirvish] btrfs, changes, project ownership

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Dec 16 10:24:22 UTC 2010

Papp Tamas wrote:
> On 12/15/2010 10:57 PM, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
>> I already said that this would make sense.  I offer to do it.  But
>> I'll only do it when it is clear that it will be accepted, else I
>> guess I'll just maintain it as a separate patch for my own use.  See
>> Keith's message - I guess that would need to be resolved first...
>
> hi Adrian!
>
> Your work is excellent.
>
> Please don't keep the further versions of the patch only in private
> area, at least send it here in any case, it's accepted or not.

I share Keith's concerns about the stability of the existing code base
but it seems equally desirable to be able to share the various patches
that people write. Would it make sense to just put a copy of dirvish on
github, so people can fork it as Keith suggests?

I haven't used git or github myself so would welcome advice from those
who have.

Cheers, Dave