[Dirvish] Debugging Scripts

Renevith ren at renevith.com
Wed Dec 23 04:02:01 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 22 December 2009 21:24:56 Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, Renevith wrote:
> > I don't have any good ideas just from the descriptions you've given, so
> > it's probably easiest for me to just look at the files themselves. If you
> > post them to the list, I'll take a look. Seeing master.conf might also be
> > helpful.
>
> Andy,
>
>    Thank you. Here are the three scripts:
>
> /etc/dirvish/master.conf:
> [...]
> runall:
> [...]

I almost didn't notice at first, but here's the problem line. Runall needs to
start with a capital R. dirvish-runall didn't find a Runall directive, so it
found zero vaults to run, which is why it claimed to finish successfully.

I didn't know this until I tested it on a hunch and then looked to see if I
could find the documentation for it. The distinction is noted in the
dirvish.conf manpage: "Options whose names with an initial capital  (ex:  Foo)
are  discarded  by  dirvish itself but may be used by support utilities."

-Andy