[Dirvish] filesystem full - but thats wrong

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 19 10:26:18 UTC 2008

Frank Lüken wrote:
> Hi i get everyday this message after my backupserver starts the daily backup:
> dirvish ubuntu:default fatal error: write error, filesystem probably full
> dirvish ubuntu:default fatal error: filesystem full
> dirvish ubuntu:default fatal error (12) -- filesystem full
>
> If i restart the Backupserver one day the backup work, but on the second
> day it crashes again! The filesystem hat enough free space i think. It is
> an ubuntu 8.04 server.

I sometimes see this message even when there apparently still several GB
free. I suspect that dirvish or more likely rsync needs some working
room whilst it is building the new image. I haven't bothered
investigating because it's always been easier to add a little more
space. In my case, the space is going to be needed soon in any case so
it's only bringing forward an existing need.

FWIW, I use resierfs

Cheers, Dave