[Dirvish] documentation for 'exclude:' -or- *SUCCESS the hard way*

Richard Geoffrion dirvish at rain4us.net
Fri Nov 7 16:32:56 UTC 2008

Well,

After countless attempts over the years, I  think that I have excludes
figured out.   I've been having a heck of a time getting certain files
and directories to exclude from certain backups.    I've often struggled
when when one must use    filename    or ./filename  or *filename* and
my most recent battle was how to exclude certain directories.   I know
that "the patterns are based on shell glob with some enhancements" but
that never made its way through my method of learning (by seeing
examples followed by the results).  I've just spent the morning playing
with excludes and re-init'ing a vault over and over again and have found
a bit of success.

So,  my question is,   "Where in the documentation would I have been
able to find that when a dirvish user is wanting to exclude a directory
that contained spaces (such as "System Volume Information")  that the
user should just add the directory name under the exclude directive with
no quotes and no escape "\" characters?

--
Richard