[Dirvish] Does Windows rsync work with Dirvish?

Petcher, Daniel danielp at audioprecision.com
Tue Mar 25 18:29:50 UTC 2008

According to the rsync man page, a double-colon ( :: ) in the data path
means it expects to see an rsync daemon installation on that side of the
link. A single colon ( : ) means rsync will use the remote-shell transport.
On my system, the remote-shell transport defaults to ssh, not rsh.

I'd like to gain some speed by dropping the encryption overhead of ssh. (My
"network" is a cross-over cable inside a locked server room, so there's no
risk of anyone snooping in my dirvish session.)

-dP