[Dirvish] split a vault

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Wed Mar 12 20:59:32 UTC 2008

On Wed 12 Mar 2008, Colin Ingram wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Paul Slootman <paul at debian.org> wrote:
> > On Wed 12 Mar 2008, Colin Ingram wrote:
> > >
> > > 1. You do need the summary files, dirvish-expire looks in there.  No
> > change
> > > need to be made in there even if you change the name of the image ( at
> > least
> > > in my testing)
> >
> > The image name is relevant when it comes to determining if there is
> > another image left; dirvish-expire refuses to remove the last complete
> > image.  If you change the image name, then after some time
> > dirvish-expire will not remove the last image before the name change...

> So the line in image/summary:
>
> Image: newimagename
>
> should be changed to reflect the new image name?

Yes.
Alternatively, wait until dirvish-expire complains about "No unexpired
good images", then manually remove that "last" existing image (which
will contain the old image name, although unfortunately the
dirvish-expire message doesn't mention it; perhaps I should look into
fixing that...)

Paul Slootman