[Dirvish] split a vault

Colin Ingram synergicolin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 17:26:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Shawn (Red Mop) <redmopml at comcast.net>
wrote:

> A noisy (verbose) rsync like below can do the trick.
>
> rsync -avPiH /old/vault/location /new/vault/location
> --include=/*/tree/dir1 --exclude=/*/tree/* --exclude=/*/log
> --exclude=/*/summary  --stats

Hey Thanks this worked  pretty well.  A couple of notes for anyone else who
attempts this.

1. You do need the summary files, dirvish-expire looks in there.  No change
need to be made in there even if you change the name of the image ( at least
in my testing)

2. I changed the name of all the images in the vault to newvaultname.  This
required me to change every instance of  oldvaultname to newvaultname in
dirvish/default.hist in order to add new images.

3.  Of course you should update your new /oldvault/dirvish/default.conf and
newvault/dirvish/default.conf files to result the changes.

4.  One script the coping and changes to all the summary files to reflect
the new bank/vault tree if they cared.  I just made the min changes to make
it work and won't bother with the rest since I know what I did.  Unless this
will mess up something else.  I know I won't many of the index files in the
image.

Thanks again