[Dirvish] A conceptual doubt

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Thu Jun 5 09:47:23 UTC 2008

In addition to comments already made...

On Wed 04 Jun 2008, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:

> But,  but reading again the documentation I have found that, if I want to use
> my transport as ssh, I would need to run dirvish in ulises, not in ris,
> because the server is the box where the backup is stored and the client is
> the box where I take the files from.

If using it in a local network, I would recommend communicating via an
rsync daemon, not via ssh. ssh can add significant overhead if CPU is
already limited.

This means running an rsync daemon on ris, and then configuring dirvish
on ulises to backup an rsync module (in the tree: line, use
":modulename" instead of "/path/to/files").

Paul