[Dirvish] Administrivia: Yahoo

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 19 08:44:22 UTC 2008

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Recently, Yahoo has decided to block email from my virtual hosting
> service, rimuhosting.com .  Many hours of filling out endless forms
> have apparently not changed their decision.  This is supposedly a
> spam prevention measure.  Meanwhile, my server gets over 300 spams
> per day with (possibly fake) Yahoo originating URLs.

Hi Keith,

I'm not a yahoo customer but I thought I'd let you know that I belong to
another list that has similar and repeated problems with yahoo and aol.
So you're not alone, sadly. And for those people with yahoo accounts,
this problem really is caused by yahoo, not by this particular mailing
list's setup. (They'll be able to see this on the archives, I hope :)

Cheers, Dave