[Dirvish] Multiple /etc/dirvish/master.conf and bank definition

Eric Searcy emsearcy at osuosl.org
Thu Sep 6 22:21:47 UTC 2007

On Sep 6, 2007, at 8:22 AM, Damian Cunniff wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've setup a dirvish configuration which allows me to run backups of
> different banks at different times.  The basic idea was to create a
> master.conf file for each bank and then call the related dirvish
> backups
> at different intervals via cron.

Couple thoughts.  First, you don't need to separate them by bank if
this isn't necessitated by your disk setup.  You could run-all on a
subset A at time A and a different subset at time B, all from the
same bank.

Next, dirvish-runall doesn't even need to know the bank setup.  The
only configuration this script looks at is `Dirvish:' (the path to
dirvish) and the `Runall:' block.  So, you don't need the redundant
bank declarations, just specify them (and all your expire rules, etc)
in master.conf, and only put the `Runall:' block in host{n}-master.conf.

--
Eric Searcy
OSU Open Source Lab