[Dirvish] Multiple /etc/dirvish/master.conf and bank definition

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Thu Sep 6 16:44:07 UTC 2007

On Thu 06 Sep 2007, Damian Cunniff wrote:

> It isn't imperative that the master.conf file not contain this
> information, but it does seem a little redundant.  I've stated the
> banks, called the specific config file, and now I have to redefine them
> elsewhere as well.

I agree, this is a little weird.
I'd expect any --config file specified on the command line to _replace_
the default /etc/dirvish/master.conf, not augment it.

I have similar needs to you (I have a number of systems that run RAID-1
over 2 disks, and the last partition of those disks are not in a RAID
array but are separate backup partitions; on alternating days I want
dirvish to backup to either one or the other partition).
I worked around it by symlinking master-0.conf or master-1.conf to
master.conf before starting the dirvish-runall...

Perhaps a --master-config option could be added.

Paul Slootman