[Dirvish] Using dirvish-runall with branches

David Goldsmith dgoldsmith at sans.org
Sat Nov 17 02:44:45 UTC 2007

I tried setting up a vault structure using the information from
http://wiki.dirvish.org/index.cgi?VaultBranch but had problems with
dirvish-runall.

Here is my /etc/dirvish/master.conf file:
=====
bank:
        /srv/dirvish/centos5

image-default: %Y%m%d
log: gzip
index: gzip

exclude:
        /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb
        /usr/src/**/*.o
        lost+found/

Runall:
        backuproot
        c5root

expire-default: +2 months
=====

Under /srv/dirvish/centos5, I have two folders - backuproot and c5root

The contents of /srv/dirvish/centos5/backuproot/dirvish/default.conf:
=====
client:         back2a
tree:           /
xdev:           true
index:          gzip
image-default:  %Y-%m%d-%H%M
exclude:
=====

The contents of /srv/dirvish/centos5/backuproot/dirvish/db2a.conf:
=====
client:         db2a
tree:           /
xdev:           true
index:          gzip
image-default:  db2a-%Y-%m%d-%H%M
exclude:
=====

The contents of /srv/dirvish/centos5/backuproot/dirvish/db2b.conf:
=====
client:         db2b
tree:           /
xdev:           true
index:          gzip
image-default:  db2b-%Y-%m%d-%H%M
exclude:
=====

Then I ran the following commands which created the initial vault
contents without any issues:

dirvish --init           --vault backuproot
dirvish --init           --branch c5root:db2a
dirvish --reference db2a --branch c5root:db2b

However, when I try to run dirvish-runall, I get the following error:

# dirvish-runall
02:34:52 dirvish --vault backuproot
02:34:52 dirvish --vault c5root
cannot open config file: default.conf
02:34:53 done

So it updates the standalone vault ok, but complains about no
default.conf in the branch vault.

If I update the vaults individually, where I specify a name, it works:

dirvish --vault c5root:db2a
dirvish --vault c5root:db2b

Any ideas about the problems with dirvish-runall?

Thanks,
Dave