[Dirvish] Hauntingly similar to Dirvish

Eric Smith eric at trueblade.com
Sun Nov 11 00:11:12 UTC 2007

We should feel validated.

While the GUI is indeed awesome, the big difference for me is the usage
of FSEvents so that only files (really directories) that have been
modified are scanned.  For filesystems with many thousands of
directories, this is a gigantic win.  The other big win is hard links to
directories.  I'm not sure it would be possible to add either of these
features into dirvish and/or rysnc.  At least I haven't thought of a way.

Eric.