[Dirvish] The Wiki Seems To Be Down

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Nov 10 19:09:38 UTC 2007

Administrivia:

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 11:46:57AM -0500, Kenneth Lerman wrote:
> I would follow the directions and send mail to "root at localhost", but he
> doesn't seem to be able to help.

This may take a few hours to debug and fix.  Automated updates on the
server recently updated some of the Perl module libraries, and kwiki,
bless its fragile little code, decided to fail because of that.  Feh.

I have been running Kwiki because it is one of the few Perl wikis out
there (Twiki is another, but friends have had terrible luck with
security flaws).   However, Kwiki breaks a lot, and offers zero
protection against attachment spam.  Most wikis, including the popular
MediaWiki, are PHP based, and I don't want to support Yet Another
Scripting Language on my server.

I already support Python for Mailman and other things. so when I get
time, I will probably convert the wiki to MoinMoin, which is a
well-written and well-supported Python wiki, used by many of my
friends.

Well, it is time to apply my limited Perl skills to debugging that
failure.  Thanks ( :-/ ) for pointing it out.