[Dirvish] Val Henson's LWN article on hard drive failure

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Jun 21 22:07:43 UTC 2007

While exploring the causes and results of my recent checksum
problems (still researching!) I contacted local friend Val Henson.
By coincidence, she had recently written an article for Linux
World News on disk drive failure, with pointers to more papers:

http://lwn.net/Articles/237924/

This is a thought-provoking article that most of you should read.  It
provides some real-world data to help make decisions about backups
and the type of drives to do them on.