[Dirvish] Re: curious problem - dirvish does nothing when run from cron

Michael Nelson michaelnel at comcast.net
Fri Jan 12 06:25:18 PST 2007

This is what it emailed me:

#Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:52:01 -0800
#From root at seahunt.dyndns.org  Fri Jan 12 05:52:03 2007
#From: CronDaemon <root at seahunt.dyndns.org>
#Subject: Cron <root at seahunt> /usr/local/sbin/dirvish-runall
#To: root at seahunt.dyndns.org
#
#05:52:01 dirvish --vault root
#05:52:01 dirvish --vault home
#05:52:01 done

Obviously the "#" characters were not in there.  It only produced that
output and it did not create the directories for today.  This has happened
every night since installing it.  It has never (on my system) produced any
output but that, and it has never (on my system) actually done the backup
until I run it as root from the command line.

I am happy for you that you get error messages.  I don't.

--
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is
"God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to

San Francisco, CA