[Dirvish] Re: curious problem - dirvish does nothing when run from cron

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 12 06:14:52 PST 2007

Michael Nelson wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 01:26:04PM +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
>> You can change the path in the crontab itself. man 5 crontab
>
> Oh yes, I know that and have done it now.

Good. I'm glad Suse isn't broken after all.

>> It does produce an error: "dirvish: command not found". If you're not
>> seeing it, you need to check how you have cron configured to report errors.
>
> It did not.

I'm sorry but your sentence above is *NOT* implied by your sentences below.

>  It emailed me the output of the cron job which merely showed
> dirvish-runall running two vaults, both at the same hh:mm:ss.  No error
> message, just that.

The above is [probably] a statement of fact. Your first sentence is an
assumption based on those facts, and it happens to be wrong. You chose
also to assume that my advice was wrong. Here's output from a test on my
system: