[Dirvish] Re: curious problem - dirvish does nothing when run from cron

Michael Nelson michaelnel at comcast.net
Fri Jan 12 05:39:56 PST 2007

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 01:26:04PM +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:

> You can change the path in the crontab itself. man 5 crontab

Oh yes, I know that and have done it now.

> It does produce an error: "dirvish: command not found". If you're not
> seeing it, you need to check how you have cron configured to report errors.

It did not.  It emailed me the output of the cron job which merely showed
dirvish-runall running two vaults, both at the same hh:mm:ss.  No error
message, just that.

--
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is
"God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to

San Francisco, CA