[Dirvish] More than on tree per backup?

Kelsey Cummings kgc at corp.sonic.net
Sat Feb 10 10:23:49 PST 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 09:52:26PM -0500, foner-dirvish at media.mit.edu wrote:
> Can't you just use "xdev: 1" in your dirvish config file?  Presumably,
> that should prevent rsync from recursing into filesystems other than
> the one(s) you tell it to start with, which should prevent it from
> walking into any NFS mounts.

I do.  It only took a couple of minutes to hack into place what I think is
a more expected way of defining backups.  Hackish, yes, but now I have a
paths: option that, if present, overrides $srctree as derived from tree:

client: host.sonic.net
tree: /
paths: / /boot /var
xdev: 1
index: gzip

exclude:
        /var/log
        /var/spool/mqueue

Gets the job done without much fuss.

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc at corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way