[Dirvish] More than on tree per backup?

Kelsey Cummings kgc at corp.sonic.net
Fri Feb 9 09:28:43 PST 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 10:12:12AM +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
> Kelsey Cummings wrote:
> > I just wanted to check to see if anyone using dirvish had already hacked
> > it to allow specification of multiple trees in a single config yet.
> > The method outlined in the url below is not so much and would be a real
> > issue to maintain over the number of systems that we plan on backing up
> > with dirvish.
> >
> > http://www.dirvish.org/pipermail/dirvish/2006-April/000680.html
>
> Off the top of my head, isn't the answer to this requirement:

For me it's just an issue that with a few exceptions I want dirvish to
backup all *local* filesystems on all of my targets.  We use NFS
extensively which means if I leave xdev off I've got to craft crafty
exclude lists that will be a long term maintenance issue for me and my
admins.  (I couldn't get the + syntax to the includes to traverse
filesystems but I'm not sure if I was doing it correctly.)

I'm thinking of cheating and hacking in a path: config option which will
override what dirvish would typically hand out to the remote rsync after
deriving it from the tree: path.  It was a bit of a suprise to run into
this since I didn't even notice it was an issue in our initial tests.

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc at corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way