[Dirvish] File too large errors

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Thu Feb 8 01:53:50 PST 2007

On Wed 07 Feb 2007, Tom wrote:
> Paul Slootman wrote:
> > Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks,
> >               batchfiles, inplace, IPv6, ACLs,
> >               64-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums
> >
> > The "64-bit files" is important here...

> > What does rsync --version on that suse host show? Mine shows:
> On the Suse 9.x system it displays:
>
> Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks, batchfiles,
>               inplace, IPv6, 32-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums
>
> The only thing I notice different is the 32-bit system inums. Would that
> be a problem in this case? If so, how is that resolved?

I wouldn't expect that that is the problem...
32-bit system inums means (I think) that on some types of filesystems
you may have collisions with the inode numbers, meaning that rsync
thinks those files are hardlinked together, but in practice that
shouldn't be a problem.

Perhaps you're best off asking these questions on the rsync list, it's
nothing to do with dirvish really...

Paul Slootman