[Dirvish] Problem with expire rules

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Mon Feb 5 09:01:21 PST 2007

On Mon 05 Feb 2007, Michael Best wrote:

> I'm having a problem with my expire rules, I can't seem to get it to use
> my first day of the week and first day of the month rules.  Is it
> possibly that my file is formatted with spaces instead of tabs?

That shouldn't matter.

> expire-rule:
> #       MIN     HR      DOM     MON     DOW     EXPIRE
>        *       4-2     *       *       *       +1 days
>        *       3       *       *       *       +3 days
>        *       *       *       *       1       +2 weeks
>        *       *       1-7     *       1       +12 months

I believe it does a first-match. I don't know what time you're
specifying with --image-time (or via the master.conf Runall list), but
it'll match one of the first lines (HR 4-2 and 3; I'm not sure it wraps
correctly in the case of 4-2 though :-)
Hence the last 2 lines will never be matched.

Paul Slootman