[Dirvish] Dirvish not creating incremental backups properly

Doug.Hill at sonydadc.com Doug.Hill at sonydadc.com
Mon Aug 27 12:53:13 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I have had dirvish working for the past month. I love it! However,
recently I started running out of space. I deleted all of my incremental
backups, and kept my "init" backup, in which I have set to "never expire".
Now, every time I run dirvish-runall, I get a full backup each day. I have
deleted by initial backup, and created a new one. Still, each day, I get
full backups. I have upgraded to the newest rsync, with the same problems.

du -shc deathstar_08-24-2007/ deathstar_08-26-2007/
8.5G    deathstar_08-24-2007/
8.6G    deathstar_08-26-2007/
18G     total

Can anyone please shed some light on this? I have tried many different
things. I would have thought that starting over from scratch with initial
images would have cured my problem, but every day I get full backups!
Please help! Thanks in advance! Below, are my dirvish configuration
files...

#master.conf
bank:
        /backup/server_backups/dirvish
exclude:
        *~
        .nfs*
        lost+found/
        backup/
        boot/
        dev/
        mnt/
        proc/
        sys/
        tmp/
image-default: %Y-%m-%d
log: bzip2
image-perm: 700
Runall:
       deathstar 20:00
expire-default: +5 days

#default.conf
rsync-client: "/usr/local/bin/rsync-new"
client: backupuser at deathstar
tree: /
exclude:
        home/backupuser/backups_temp/