[Dirvish] Creating Backups with image-default: %Y%m%d/%Y%m%d-%H_%M

Johannes Kastl ojkastl at gmx.de
Thu Aug 23 11:55:08 UTC 2007

Cord Walter schrieb:

> What about running
> mkdir $(date +%Y%m%d)
> prior to the (first) backup? That should create the directory... maybe
> you can check with "test" if the directory exists for 2nd to nth backup...

That is what I do as a workaround when booting the machine. But I was
wondering if there was a simple way to let dirvish do the work (and
thinking!).

> The "pre-server" parameter in dirvish.conf might be handy with this...
> http://www.dirvish.org/dirvish.conf.5.html

I have no experience with pre/post-scripts, so I wasnt sure where to
begin. Ill have a look.

Thanks,
OJ
--
<Ohmmmmm> Heiliger St.Tux öffne mir die Augen, welche durch jahrelangen
Missbrauch von KleinSoftFenster 3.1 - XP mit Fehler- meldungen