[Dirvish] dirvish-expire trouble with read only vault directories ?

Tony waterwingz at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 12 01:56:37 UTC 2006

I've had divish (v1.2.1) working for over a month now, doing daily
backups from my various systems at home.

However, when dirvish-expire runs from crontab, it emails me a huge message with a whole lot of lines that say basically :

   rm: cannot remove `/backup/pictures/20060328/tree/image001.jpg': Permission denied

A quick look at the permissions for the ./tree directory shows :  dr-xr-xr-x.

I'm running both dirvish and dirvish-expire as a normal user (not root) so it appears dirvish is setting the directory as read-only and dirvish-expire cannot deal with that.

Do I have to run dirvish-expire as root to fix this ?  I'd rather not do that.

Tony