[Dirvish] Wiki is broken - try wiki.dirvish.org

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Mar 22 13:21:49 EST 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 07:00:55PM +0100, Peter Wiersig wrote:
> Yes, because I followed the link from the homepage. I should have made
> that clearer. .ORG works for me, too.

Fixed three ways.
1)  I fixed an error in DNS that pointed wiki.dirvish.com to the
    wrong IP address.  FYI, that other IP address has an SSH server
    hanging on port 80, so I can always get to SSH even if port 22
    is blocked.  The DNS changes will take a few hours to propagate.

2)  I changed all the references to wiki on the index page to the
    explicit link wiki.dirvish.org .

3)  I changed apache to redirect www.dirvish.com to www.dirvish.org .

So thanks for the heads up, it enabled me to fix a few things.  By
having no DNS pointed to that other address, the "security by obscurity"
protects me a tiny little bit from some robots - at least until the
trick becomes popular enough for the spammers to detect that in their
robot code.  And the more code they put in their robots, the more
mistakes they make, and the easier it is to reverse-buffer-overflow
them and break their damned 'bots.