[Dirvish] Problem configuring Windows client.

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Tue Mar 21 11:26:27 EST 2006

On Tue 21 Mar 2006, Jeffrey Harris wrote:

> It seems to be working with the exception that when I do 'rsync
> rsync://fastback/backup' I get the following
>

> drwxr-xr-x           0 2006/03/19 13:00:41 .
>
> -rwxr-xr-x           0 2005/03/12 20:00:41 AUTOEXEC.BAT

[snip]

> drwxr-xr-x           0 2006/03/19 20:46:13 work
>

> All the zero length directories seem a bit odd to me.

That just because windows doesn't report a size probably.

> Anyway, I'm trying to set up Dirvish and have the following configuration.
>

> /etc/dervish/master.conf:

Strange name, "dervish" :-)

> /backup/fastback/dervish/default.conf:
>

> client: SvcwRsync at fastback

Why supply a username here, whereas you didn't do that earlier:

> It seems to be working with the exception that when I do 'rsync
> rsync://fastback/backup' I get the following

> image-default: %Y%m%d
>
> exclude:
>
> pagefile.sys
>
> System Volume Information

I do hope that there are leading spaces before those exclude entries,
and also not all these empty lines everywhere.

> I then1 try to initialize the dervish vault by typing 'dirvish -vault
> fastback -init'  It chugs away for a while and finally comes back with the
> following.
>

> dirvish fastback:default error (23) -- partial transfer
>
> dirvish error: branch /backup/fastback:default image 20060321 failed
>

> There's a lot of 'Resource busy' and 'permission denied' errors in the
> rsync_error file otherwise it looks like the sync actually worked.  Any idea
> why I'm getting is error and how to fix it?

Well, if some files gave "permission denied" and "Resource busy", I
would be cross if it did *not* report "partial transfer"...

If you don't mind the partial transfer, you'll need to hack dirvish to
ignore that specific rsync error. This has been talked about before, I
don't have the patch on hand, but an archive search will surely show it.

Paul Slootman