[Dirvish] Dirvish backing up Windows 2003, but having troubles viewing backups in Samba (perm/ownership)

hanj mailing at astarna.com
Wed Jun 21 06:42:29 UTC 2006

Hello Dirk

Thanks much for the reply. I was just looking at the --chmod arg for rsync. I tried UNSET'ing the permissions bool in dirvish.conf. It looks like the initial image is correct. All dirs have 755 and all files have 644 as far as I can tell. I'm hoping that dirvish will still see those files as 'not changed'.. taking advantage of the inode. The backup will run tonight.. so I can see how that went.

I wasn't sure (based off of man) if the --chmod arg takes specific values for directories/files.. or if it's a global deal like a+r, etc

Thanks again.
hanj