[Dirvish] Interesting mis-translation of the c't dirvish article

ml-it-dirvish at epigenomics.com ml-it-dirvish at epigenomics.com
Sun Jun 11 08:35:35 UTC 2006

On 10 Jun 2006 01:23:11 -0700,
 "Keith Lofstrom" <keithl at kl-ic.com> wrote:

> All that said, automatic translation can be lots of fun.  The
> phrase:
>
>       "beliebige Extrawürste für einzelne Vaults braten"
>
> is translated by google into:
>
>      "roast arbitrary extra sausages for individual Vaults"
>
> I will take that lovely translation to my rest, and find out what
> it really means in the morning... :-)

Hi!

That's the exact word-by-word translation of the german sentence.

"Extrawurst braten" is slang for "getting special treatment".
See also http://dict.leo.org/ende?search=extrawurst

Greetings
--
Robert Sander                     Senior Manager Information Systems
Epigenomics AG    Kleine Praesidentenstr. 1    10178 Berlin, Germany
http://www.epigenomics.com             robert.sander at epigenomics.com