[Dirvish] c't article - USB drives, mysql, translation help please?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Jun 10 20:19:00 UTC 2006

I have done a very crude translation of the c't article, and
there are two topics that I could not translate correctly that
appear important.  Can any of our German colleagues help?

The first is on page 214, column 4, discussing mysql .  I assume
this is about preparing a mysql database for backup?  Could someone
translate those paragraphs?

The second is on page 215, the bottom of column 1 and the top of
column 2, discussing external USB hard drives, some problem with
sleep mode?