[Dirvish] Interesting mis-translation of the c't dirvish article

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Jun 10 08:23:11 UTC 2006

I'm still going through the c't article, using google translation
to convert big swaths of text and then applying a dictionary to
the rest.  A reasonable, basic article, though Herr Schmidt's
suggestion for client-push isn't going to happen unless I hear
some very convincing arguments.  There are more secure ways to
get to the same result.

All that said, automatic translation can be lots of fun.  The
phrase:

      "beliebige Extrawürste für einzelne Vaults braten"

is translated by google into:

     "roast arbitrary extra sausages for individual Vaults"

I will take that lovely translation to my rest, and find out what
it really means in the morning... :-)

Keith

(btw, how does one get google translation to swallow an umlaut?)