[Dirvish] Images in a directory tree

dirvish at GMxTechnologies.com dirvish at GMxTechnologies.com
Sat Jun 3 04:36:17 UTC 2006

Hi.

I am looking to implement Dirvish as the historical archive component of
our backup system (we already have a tool that grabs the desired data,
encrypts it, and dumps it on a Linux box in a directory-per-client).

All this seems fine, but one requirement we will have is 7 years of
retention.  That's about 2500 subdirectories of images!?!

Is there any way to make the image directories a tree like:

/bank/vault/2006/
               06/
                  01/
                  02/
                  03/

I wondered if you could fake out the "image-default" with something like
"%Y/%m/%d" (or some other magic to get the /'s in there)?

Anyone tried this, or even better, gotten something like it to work?

Thanks,
Sam