[Dirvish] Moving a Dirvish Vault

Steve Ramage dirvishusersspammedme at sjrx.net
Fri Jun 2 00:12:55 UTC 2006

Hmmm okay rsync will do hard links, by not being detectable, I meant
that if file a is hard linked to file b, it just looks like a file, no
special attributes, and no real way to tell that file a and file b are
related.

The rm thing I have noticed a few times, not really with dirvish, but I
have a cron job on a server that wget's the slashdot.rss every 5
minutes, and parses it, but it broke about a year or two ago. When I
tried to delete the files, I got an error: 'rm: too many arguements',
I've seen it before too, but oh well.

I think I'll just use my 200 GB hard disk as a backup disk, anyway, a'nd
just move my large files to the new one.

Thanks.