[Dirvish] Why is dirvish in /usr/sbin?

Johannes Kastl bierkastl at freenet.de
Sun Jul 9 21:44:53 UTC 2006

Am 09.07.2006 22:50 schrieb Eric Mountain:

> This directory contains any non-essential binaries used exclusively by the
> system administrator. System administration programs that are required for

I would consider running a backup not only an administrator thing. But
I guess that was my failure.

> Of course, where it really gets installed depends on whether you use a package
> supplied by your distro or not, and if so, what your distro chooses to do.

There is no rpm for suse, at least I have found non, so I alien'ed the
deb file.

Are there any problems when running it as non-root? Apart from
mounting (which AFAIK could be done) I could think of none.

OJ
--
Obscene? Obscene is young men being trained to drop fire on people,
but their commanders not allowing them to write 'fuck' on their