[Dirvish] Confused newbie : no images for branch default found

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Sun Jul 9 08:56:37 UTC 2006

I'm new to Dirvish and have set it up on a Ubuntu server and it seems to work
just fine there. Then I wanted to use it on a Debian machine and I can't seem to
get it to work.

It should backup to an extra internal hard disk, in /etc/dirvish/master.conf
I've got

bank:
    /disk/kurt-backup

image-default: %Y%m%d

log: gzip
index: gzip

Runall:
    kurt-root

expire-default: +2 months

and in /disk/kurt-backup/kurt-root/dirvish/default.conf I've got

client: kurt
tree: /home
xdev: 0

when I run dirvish-runall I get

# dirvish-runall
10:54:16 /usr/sbin/dirvish --vault kurt-root
kurt-root:default:20060709: ERROR: no images for branch default found
10:54:16 done

The Ubuntu machine has basically the same setup and there it works ... so I'm
probably missing something really basic, can anyone give me a hint of what it
could be?

                        jem