[Dirvish] dirvish over a network

Rémi Boulle rboulle at free.fr
Mon Dec 18 14:01:09 PST 2006

Eric Searcy a écrit :

> On Dec 17, 2006, at 7:43 PM, Eric Searcy wrote:
>
>> On Dec 17, 2006, at 1:32 PM, Rémi Boulle wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> After having used dirvish locally I would like to use it over a
>>> network...
>>>
>>> On the backup server I have
>>> /home/sauvegardes/haiku_fixe/dirvish/default.conf with :
>>> ****
>>> client :  IP of the computer from wich I want to backup the tree
>>
>> Shouldn't you have user at IPaddress?  That may not be the problem, but
>> it was the only thing that jumped out at me.
>
> Oops, I discovered that I only need the user name in my setup because
> I am using rsync modules with users and shared secrets.

Yes and for me I have to put "client: remi at 192.168.1.1"
I have to be root to do the backup because I am backing up into
/home/backups.

> But, that space between the word `client' and the colon definitely
> reproduces the error message `client undefined'. :-)

You are soooo right... So sorry for the noise on this list !
Maybe it is because in french typography colon are preceded by a non
breaking word space and we have no space in english... Okay, it is a
stupid mistake i give up trying to find excuses :-)
Thanks a lot.
Rémi Boulle.