[Dirvish] pattern matching hash on excludes

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 28 02:01:38 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 17:10 -0700, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> --- Dave Howorth <dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > more than one \#. How about something like:
> >
> >   s/^#.*$//;
> >   s/\s*[^\\]#.*$//;
> >   s/\\#/#/g;
>
> Replacing one line with three.  Easy enough.  I assume we will
> also need to upgrade the docs.  Suggested language?

The dirvish.conf man page says:

  A # introduces a comment to the end of the line.

I suggest adding an additional sentence after that:

  If # characters are needed in the configuration itself, they can
  be included by escaping them with a backslash, like this example:

    exclude:
        \#cvs.*    # ignore CVS lock files

Cheers, Dave